Tuesday 18 December 2012

RIMMEL LONDON BB Cream Review

My very first review featuring.... drumroll please... Rimmel London's BB cream!
For Aussie beauty lovers, it is soo exciting to finally get to try out a product before the rest of the world. This BB cream is a relatively new product to join the market and has already become one of my everyday favourites.



Rimmel London's BB Cream in Medium
My first impressions:
- The tube looked small and only contained 30 mls (however, a little definitely goes along way)
- The consistency is quite thick (covers most redness and minor blemishes, however scarring and undereye circles may require concealing after)
- Provides medium coverage 

 In comparison to Garnier's BB which I have tried, this one has a different finish. While it claims to mattify, it does not provide totally matte finish but more of a natural satiny smooth finish which I really like. It works reasonably well in controlling moderate oil on the t-zone. On combination - dry skin, by the middle of the day (4-5 hours later) I usually find my nose area feeling oily with other products but this held up until the afternoon for me about 8 hours. However if you have oilier skin you may need a little bit of powder over the top.

The only concern was the colour match. Light was a yellow toned pale shade while medium was a pink - orange toned darker colour. In a perfect world I would fit somewhere inbetween (for reference I am a MAC NC30-35) but low and behold there was nothing in between. Medium was the closest shade for me as light looked way too pale (but had the correct undertone!). Luckily once blended the undertone is not too noticable.

Swatch of Rimmel London's BB Cream in Medium

PROS:
- SPF25 is great for summer (although spf does need to be reapplied after a couple of hours)
- True to claims (primes, moisturises, minimises pore, conceals, covers, smoothes, mattifies, brightens and helps to protect! )
- very pretty finish, not dewy or matte but an in between satin like finish
- great for sensitive, dry and combination skin and didnt break me out or adhere to dry spots
- great staying power even without powder

CONS:
- very little tube (30 mls seems small in my hand)
- oxidises slightly after appilcation
- shades will not suit every skin tone (light, medium & dark)
- may be too thick for some people
- may not provide enough oil control for oily skin, easily fixed with powder!

 RRP: $12.95

So there you have it! I really liked this BB cream but it will not replace my foundation :) Im currently using Rimmel's Wake Me Up foundation in Soft Beige 200. If im in a rush or just want something light on my face before heading out, this is what i use.

Please comment below if there is any products you would like a review of, or ideas you may have as I would love to hear from you. Also follow my blog... I may do a giveaway when I have more subbies!
Disclosure: All my reviews are my true and honest opinion.




No comments:

Post a Comment