Saturday 31 March 2018

My Holy Grail of Makeup

Since I was a teenager, I have had many successes and fails in the beauty realm. From mismatched foundation shades to finding the perfect colour match, mascaras that look like false eyelashes to droopy lashes and everything in between. It would be pretty fair to say I have experienced it all. In my experience, there have been a few products that I always go back to because they deliver on their promises and never disappoint. Stay tuned to find out what they are!



1) Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
After a long day at work or just being out and about, the last thing that I feel like doing is my entire skin care routine. I just want to have a shower and climb into bed. Garnier's Micellar Water is an absolute life-saver during these desperate times. I simply soak a cotton pad and wipe off my foundation and eye makeup. Even waterproof mascaras comes off effortlessly. Dont be fooled by it's gentle appearance as this is definitely an effective and time-saving product.

2) MAC Studio Fix Foundation
A friend of mine always had completely flawless looking skin at work. I had to ask what foundation she was using and she let me in on the secret. I have always known that MAC was a favourite with make up artists because of the great shade selection across their products so it actually makes complete sense. Basically when it comes to foundations, you really cant go wrong with MAC. Their large selection of shades means you're guaranteed to find your perfect match and when your foundation matches, it looks like your real skin.

The foundation itself offers quite full coverage which will cover most imperfection and discoloration. It blends effortlessly into the skin and offers a gorgeous semi-matte finish. It also contains SPF15 which is great for daytime wear. Suitable for normal to oily skin types and my go-to foundation for special occasions when I want to look flawless.

3) MAC Studio Fix Concealer
When I look for a concealer, I want amazing coverage to hide blemishes and imperfections. This one is it.  The formula is creamy and covers absolutely everything leaving my skin looking absolutely perfect. For covering blemishes, I match this to my foundation shade so it blends in seemlessly.

4) MAC Mineralise Skin Finish in Soft & Gentle
For a natural glow, MAC Mineralise Skin Finish is a godsend. I simply apply this over my foundation and powder for a beautiful cheekbone highlight. I also pop a little on my cupids bow, brow bone and inner corners to a little extra sparkle.

5) Shiseido Eyelash Curler
This eyelash curler is well known in the blogosphere as one of the best out there and I would definitely agree. It doesnt pinch my skin and always delivers a perfect curl. I love the edgy gunmetal colour that my eyelash curler came in. The only con is that Shiseido does not sell replacement rubber pads in Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment