Sunday 16 February 2014

Empty favourites: Clearasil Stay Clear Skin Perfection Wash

My first empty is Clearasil Stayclear Skin Perfecting Wash with microbeads in 150mls.
What it claims is 'gentle exfoliating formula helps clear and prevent breakouts. Contains moisturisers to help care for your skin.'

My first impression:
I thought this cleanser was nothing special. Sure it did cleanse and was gentle on my skin but I didnt see any visable improvements and I could not feel the microbeads working. Nothing amazing...yet.

But then...
I changed to another cleanser and realised the difference it had actually made. I realised it did prevent breakouts (as I have combination to dry skin I only have the odd spot every now and then). When I changed back and started to love this product completely. Although Clearasil is aimed at the teenaged and acne suffering market, I believe this to be suitable for anyone with a dry to normal complexion. While I have also tried the gel version (review on that later), this creamy cleanser was just so soothing on my skin and cleansed exceptionally well without overly drying out my skin. It did not lather so much but was the most moisturising face wash I have used to date.

My final decision:
Since it actually did prevent spots (which I am getting more of since ive run out) I would say it is true to its claims to 'penetrate deep into pores to remove dirt, oil and bacteria'. But most importantly it is super gentle even on sensitive or irritated skin. During the winter when my skin was very dry, this was the only cleanser which didnt leave my skin feeling tight before moisturising.

Recommendation from my experiences: Combination to dry skin types will love the creamy formula. (if youre oily go for the gel version)

Would I buy it again?
Definitely!
For a supermarket brand (which I did not expect such a stand out product from clearasil) and even out of all the cleansers I have used before, I would say this is a very decent and effective cleanser. For the price it exceeded my expectations and is definitely worth trying (and repurchasing!)
I bought this from Woolworths for about $10 from the regimen set which includes the co-ordinated scrub. So effectively this was only $5! I would say to give this product some time to really se a difference

No comments:

Post a Comment